|
Strength in what remains behind
ourinsecurities
|
|
JANNA,18 Aaron Beatrice Caihong Cally Daniel Denise Eliz Ferlin Hongwei Janice! Queenie! Rusydi SiewYee Tse Lin Credits
©Glamouresque. |
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Feelings placed on the table, the bet is set. The insight into a whole new thought life and the posts on this space, of someone I'd recently met.... Refreshing. A couple on love, really got me thinking. I don't think I'm much of an emotional person, not void of them completely, I just prefer not to show them. Not that I don't cry during sad movies or that I lack empathy or compassion when it comes to the less fortunate, just that when it comes to personal stuff... I prefer to disregard or let slip. Escape till you cannot escape, that's the way I handle things. Bad I know, but I don't see how else to deal. I don't like to be in situations where I cannot control my actions because emotions overule, pragmatic to the core I am. Because so I've never lost myself to alcohol or been in a state where I don't know what I'm doing, what I'm saying. Its just the way that I've been taught and brought up I guess. Skeptic when it comes to love, I don't believe that love conquers all, I don't believe that love helps you do the impossible, I don't believe that love allows you to overlook an empty bank account or a leaking roof. The whole idea of love - its too whimsical I choose not to believe something so perfect can exist. Not that I don't love or I am anti-love (because as you can see I love so many people) but............ *shrugs* I don't even know myself. One of the post I came across was about this guy loving a girl for like what, 40 years? Ha. This is literally my response, Ha. Even the most lovelorn person knows that, is beyond absurb. No one can give and not expect anything in return for so long. When you put your heart on the line and get nothing in return, you grow tired and move on, be it to someone or something else. It's not being fickle minded or unfaithful, because there was nothing to start with. It's being common sensical. But saying that, it's sad how love gets thrown around so flippantly (I think I've talked about this before). Who am I to judge, I am but a hypocrite when it comes to love. "I love you", always take with a pinch of salt. Sunday, September 26, 2010 Love? Contary to popular belief; Love isn't about wanting to be with a person 24/7, it isn't about having them on your mind every single waking moment, it isn't dreaming about them every night, it isn't about seeing them everytime you close your eyes, it isn't about having the urge to cuddle with them in the dark, it isn't about laughing at their punchlines thrown wrong, it isn't about dining under the moonlight with candles overlooking the mesmerizing night scenery, it isn't about walking down the shore with fingers entwined, it isn't about sweetnothings and corny love letters, it isn't about kisses on the forehead and the ruffling of hair, it isn't about having someone to turn to when night falls and that "lonely" strikes, it isn't about the "it feels so right when I'm with him" stirup you get in your heart everytime you look at him, it isn't about chatting for long hours on the phone going on and on and on about how your day was, it isn't about scribbling his name all over your foolscap, it isn't about having someone's name to put a heartshape beside in your contact list, it isn't about having someone to take to a gathering with you, it isn't about the number of stuffed toys and roses he sends, it isn't about having a topic to discuss animatedly about to your girlfriends, it isn't about staring intensely into his big brown eyes, it isn't even about completing each other's sentences. Love; Its the person who remains when you say "I can't do this anymore" Its the person who remains when everyone else says "She can't do this anymore" Its the person who remains when you have nothing left to give and all you can do is take. Its the person who remains when you breakdown and give up on yourself. Its the person who remains when you don't know what else to do and where else to go. Its the person who remains when from over the moon you plunge right down to beneath the skewers. Its the person who remains, picks you up, carries you on, and says "Imma be with her forever" Disclaimer: You don't have to feel the same way I do! And YES LAH CAN BE EVERYTHING ALSO HAHAHA I LIKE IT THIS WAY LEY SOUNDS MORE NOBLE HAHAHA Was I really this deep?! Oh my whatever happened can I get the old me back. |