|
Strength in what remains behind
ourinsecurities
|
|
JANNA,18 Aaron Beatrice Caihong Cally Daniel Denise Eliz Ferlin Hongwei Janice! Queenie! Rusydi SiewYee Tse Lin Credits
©Glamouresque. |
Friday, February 27, 2009
This is : ![]() Which is super over-dued but then again, its not too late right. Ha ha. Alright so last Mon& Tue I went to Jakarta, which in my whole life I have never been to before. Ok so on Monday morning I woke up like SUPER EARLY 5.30!!!!!!!! Doesn't sound early but since I haven't woken up at this timing since a normal school day, it was EXTREMELY early. & I'm not really a morning person............. (pls rmb this as you read on) Dialled a cab and went to T2 to meet my aunty who was going with us also : ) Ate Yakun for breakfast ha ha (I'm feeling hungry now) and then we boarded the plane. And then at the entrance stood two air stewards who were showing passengers to their seats, as they always do. When I walked towards them, one of them reached his hand out, wanting to take my ticket to check my seat. AND THEN................... (Recall what I said abt not being a morning person now). I WENT TO SHAKE HIS HAND. (JUMPS OUT OF AIR PLANE) WHAT WAS I THINKING !! When I shook his hand he was like SHOCKED and then he started laughing damn loudly to his friend. WLAO DON'T GIVE ME FACE. Initially I still didn't get it and then I realised and started to laugh at myself also LOL this is the most retarded thing I have ever done. Ok maybe not the most retarded but its definitely one of the high scorers in the list of retarded things I have ever done. -.- When we reached Jakarta, my dad's ex student (Hans) met us at the airport and brought us to our hotel. He was really nice and he kept calling my dad Mr Michael Tay which is REALLY WEIRD and formal. Jakarta may not be as clean and green as Sg, but it definitely has its positive points and unique places. The railroad in Jakarta is like directly on the street itself so people just drive across it. Once Hans got stuck directly on the railroad when the train was coming and the barriers came down on both sides. Super scary la! So he quickly ran out and his car got smashed by the train. Which is so freaky!!! Its normal in Jakarta but this would never happen in Sg. And there are so many gantries you have to get pass before reaching the city area! $$ fly away~ We reached the hotel and checked in. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() This is the view from the room This is my mummy and daddy : )After that we went opposite to ITC and Pasar Pagi Mangga Dua (which coincidentally I found out my maid used to work there!!!!!!) to shop. The things there are much much much cheaper than Sg things its like heaven~~ Except for the horrendous smoke smell in an air conditioned mall! After shopping we went to eat Java food with Hans and his pretty and super nice girlfriend :D ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() The food was super nice and very special. Like sotong satay and other speciality dishes you can never find in Sg ) :After we ate, we went to this new mall called JX mall, if I'm not wrong, to have a look. They have things like Starbucks and Cafe Cartel ha ha. They also had this slide which was sorta scary because it was seven stories high, it was a steep slide from the topmost floor all the way to the bottom. ![]() ![]() It was scary enough looking down from the top haha This really young girl was waiting to get onto the slide, look at the helmet and knee pads!There was a certain part of the floor which was made of glass and you could look down and see the floor below ![]() THAT was scary enough for me also ha ha After that we went to sit at Starbucks and talked about some adult-ish stuff. Went back to the hotel after that. This is my ugly just-got-out-of-bed face The next day we went visit the electronics stores and I have never saw so many Cds and Dvds in one place at a time before. ALL of them were PC software/games. ![]() Its like you died and went to PC games and software heaven. After walking around we went for lunch and then we went for a foot massage which was the first I ever had! The place was really nice with great ambiance. It was huge like two storeys high and dimly lighted. Each chair had its own personal tv you could watch while getting a massage. I fell asleep. Ha ha After that we went to a food place at the sea to eat again. I really grew fatter after this trip, eating so much! ![]() ![]() After that we went to the airport and flew back to Sg. And this time I didn't shake any steward's hand. Thank God.![]() This is my best purchase in the whole trip HEHEHE. ==================================================================== Since the CRASH `09 photos are already on FB, I shall not upload them here! Ha ha it will take forever thanks to Lizzie's 14.7 megapix cam! I can't really rmb the details!! I can only rmb that Ps How preached abt convictions and culture on Fri. Next day he preached abt the same thing and added some more things like being independent and all. Had lunch in church and attended YA 101 where Mr Danny gave a workshop on young adults and life. Attended a talk by Mr Jason Wong (lol jasonwong) and his talk was really powerful abt prisoners and being a change agent. Had dinner after that and it was really funny because we played The Price Is Right YA style ha ha. Ps How wrapped the whole conference up with a sermon on idealism. Yep thats abt it and it was really good :D We shd have Crash conference again next year! : ) |